Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hot Tamales

After a week full of work and barely seeing each other, Saturday with Sammy was muchly needed! It also turned out to be tamale making day. His mom makes them once a year for Christmas, and she goes all out. Last year she taught me how to make them and it was a cool experience. How many people get to make tamales? Sammy hadn't even before that! On Christmas Sammy brought over the finished tamales and my sister LOVED THEM! She's been asking all year when there would be more, so when I heard it was tamale day I was excited!

But alas, all did not stay well. Haha! We went to a little Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was a cute little place. When I first started dating Sammy, my poor little tummy couldn't handle all the authentic mexican cooking. But over time I've gotten an itty bit more used to it. So I felt brave going in and got THE SUPREME QUESADILLA! It had chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole! Now, this may not sound that risky of a choice, but you haven't met my tummy. When my quesadilla arrived, it was huge! And it was delicious. So. Delicious. All was well.

Then out of nowhere I felt my stomach sink. Uh oh. Oh. No. I honestly thought I was going to be sick at the table. But then I started going through my little mental breathing exercises I do when this happens. When you have puke-a-phobia and panic attacks, you get very good at this. We got back to Sammy's house and I still felt really sick, so we just relaxed for a bit. Learned about the amish mafia. Talk about quality television right there. 

Then the tamale making began. And I still felt sick. So we made them for a bit, then went back to snuggling. Quality tamale making time with whole family=15 minutes. Awesome cuddling time= a few hours. 

I'm ok with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment