Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

The awkward time

It's a pretty awkward time right now. Sammy and I know we are getting married. We have a pretty good idea when. But, we can't announce it yet. First off, he needs to propose. Second, some things need to come into place first, like our jobs and such. And, my family knows all about what's going on but his doesn't. They come from the idea that one doesn't get married until one has graduated from college and gotten a great job. That's fine for most people, but it just isn't going to cut it for us. We've been together for two years already. Why wait three, four more years for it? Yeah, we're going to be poor. Yes, it's going to be hard. But it's also going to be worth it. That's not what this post is about though. I'll save that for another day.

It's an awkward time because I just want to shout it to the world! I want to tell people how I've already decided what shoes I'm wearing to my wedding. I want to show them my dream dress. Talk details and advice. Wonder if anyone else freaked out with all the ring options out there in the world, wondering if they're going to break though and look as good in the picture in real life. Explain why we're deciding to do what we're doing. And hopefully have some excitement the other way as well.

But since he hasn't proposed, and the other reasons this is on the down low, I'll just go ahead with this awkward time. I'm glad I can share it with the blog world though ;)

1 comment:

  1. That definitely is an awkward time, I totally remember that! We both knew but it wasn't official so I didn't really talk about it but it was ALL I was thinking about it!!! Feel free to share here, that's the point :)

    ReplyDelete